The activities performed by the sakhés for the service of Rädhä-Kåñëa are described in the Ujjvala-nélamaëi as follows:
(1) Glorify the transcendental love and qualities of the Hero to the Heroine and vice versa.
(2) Increase the attachment of one for the other.
(3) Arranging the meeting at the previously appointed time [at some distant place].
(4) Engage the other sakhés in service.
(5) Joke or ridicule.
(6) Solace one lover or the other.
(7) Dressing the Heroine and Hero.
(8) Expertly helping fulfill Their inner desires.
(9) Hiding the Heroine's doña [offense, crime, flaw].
(10) Cheating the husbands in order to meet Kåñëa.
(11) Give instructions.
(12) Bring Them together at the proper time [when They are willing].
(13) Offer service with cämarä etc.
(14/15) Chastise Hero or Heroine according to time and situation.
(16) Relay messages.
(17) Protect the life of the Heroine.
These are the seventeen different services performed by the sakhés.